Friday, September 18, 2015

You're The Coolest - watercolors!

Hi!

Finally this busy day has come to an end. Phew. I don't usually feel that way, but I've had so much to do today and tomorrow proves to be equally crazy. I did manage to squeeze in my own manicure (I do them myself. Such a treat and makes me so happy.) and I wanted to make this card that had been floating around in my head all week! Since it's using my new MFT set, I wanted to be able to submit it for the Card Design Super Star contest which ends tonight. So it forced me to take about 30 min or so this evening after I grilled our brats to make it. (BD came home to a quiet house and hollered "Where is everybody?!" Ha! He's used to me being in the kitchen and the kids all over the house.)

Card Design Superstar

This week's Runway Inspired Challenge inspired my idea:

 
Here we go!  (I just love how it turned out!)
 
 
 
I stamped the Penguins in Paradise, beach balls, and flowers on a panel of watercolor cardstock in Black VersaFine ink then clear embossed. I colored them all using my Zig Clean Color Real Brush pens, by rubbing them on an acrylic block then coloring onto the images with a waterbrush using the colors in the designer dress as my guide. .....And that was nice b/c I didn't have to ponder over color choices for 10min, making it possible to finish this card before dinner. Color choices can be up there like font choices for me -- if I have too many to pick from (and I have the 48 set of Zigs), I will spend way too much time trying to pick colors. I get on my own nerves. Trust me.
 
I've decided I really like water coloring this way. I get a bit more color than using straight up water colors that I've tried before. It just didn't float my boat. And, it's a fun change from trying to be so precise with my color pencils and Copic markers. I can kinda do it loosely on purpose. But it's equally relaxing because my A-Type Perfectionist lets the imperfections go in the spirit of the medium. :D I know. It was hard to even type that with a straight face.
 
The sentiment is from the same set and white embossed on Pure Poppy (PTI) cardstock which was die-cut with the Stitched Fishtail Flags die. I die cut a similar flag in black to layer underneath. The red and black flags were inspired by the models belt and shoes in the photo.
 
 
 
GRAB OUR BADGE!
 
Thanks SO much for stopping by to visit! Hope you do so again soon.
 
God Bless,
Mandy
 
 
 
 
Galations 3:26-27     NKJV   (New King James Version)
       For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Super cute card, love the watercoloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hihi, very cool card, indeed!!!! Thank you very much for playing with us at ATSM. Creative regards from stempelfrida
    http://stempelfrida.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who would have thought that penguins would be your RIC inspiration? Super cute design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE THIS - so super well done and I will be cheering for you in the SuperSTAR contest!!! I hope you do well!!! You have done a wonderful job on this card!!! I am such a HUGE fan of yours but I really need to let you know that I won't be around in the bloggy world for the next 10 days - I am taking a much needed break - so except for already written and scheduled Design Team posts I will not be around and that includes commenting!! Please know that it is nothing personal!! But I am excited because when I come back I will be celebrating my 4 year Blogaversary with lots of giveaways all during October!! I did leave some details about that on my blog!! Hope the rest of your September is beautiful and that you keep happy!!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! Love these adorable images and your beautiful coloring. Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, those little guys are the cutest! Love this card. Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how CUTE!!! What a darling little card - I could just squeeze those penguins! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts